Service Pupil Premium
Expenditure 2017 – 2018
- Providing Pastoral Care and support, including counselling provision, nurture groups etc.
- On going additional Teaching Assistant support across the school to help pupils settle in, adjust and prepare for posting.
- Cornwall Music Service Trust Music Tuition subsidy 50%.
- Special visits for Service Children, please see the school office for more information.
Seven things parents should know about Service Pupil Premium:
- Service Pupil Premium (SPP) was introduced in recognition of the impact of service life on children.
- Schools will only receive SPP for children registered as service pupils on 18th January 2018.
- Schools can only record children as service pupils if the parents identify them as such.
- Schools may not receive SPP until nearly 18 months after the child has started school.
- Schools can continue to receive SPP for children whose parents have left the armed forces for up to five years.
- When a child moves school they will not automatically continue to be flagged as a service child.
- SPP is only one type of Pupil Premium.
Please look at the pages on the school website regarding the spending of the Pupil Premium Grant & Sports Premium Grant. Please click on the link below for more information regarding Service Pupil Premium: